The Lynnhaven is the newest home in the Craig Builders family of plans. Almost a year of design work went into the plan which can still be customized to meet specific needs. A lot of thought went into how our customers actually live in their homes, and after much feedback from past and future Craig Builders owners we’re proud to introduce the Lynnhaven to Belvedere, Foothill Crossing, Hyland Ridge, and Old Trail.
The goal was simple- design a home that families at various stages could grow into while offering flexibility for a first floor guest suite. Here are some of the features that we love about the Lynnhaven:
- Exterior– Attractive rooflines, metal dormers, mixture of siding product, authentic stone, abundant windows, custom made mahogany door, box bay windows, materials that last and require less maintenance, as well as an emphasis on the view from all angles of the home.
- Garage Appearance & Experience– Doors on the front or the side…both are attractive so pick the one that compliments the community of your choice the best. We’ve seen buyers compromise on the homesite of their dreams for garage orientation on the side. We’ve simply designed a front loading garage that’s as attractive as the side loading option. Inside, the garage is oversized to allow for your car, or your suv/truck, plus room for storage. We even added space for trash can storage. “Finally, a garage I can actually use.”
- Mudroom– You’ll likely enter the home here daily–we want it to welcome you home. This is the ‘drop zone’ of the home and is oversized to allow for many different finishing options. Want a second washer and dryer for soccer jerseys or dirty pants? Easy. Want a second refrigerator for extra beverages or food overflow when entertaining? A 7ft coat closet for all of those jackets you’ve been accumulating? Need a bench to sit on while you put on or take off your shoes? How about a built-in desk to drop your mail/keys and serve as your home management station? Truly a versatile room that can be designed to compliment your lifestyle.
- Kitchen– The kitchen has become the show piece of the modern home as the open concept has become mainstream. This kitchen is an eye catcher with a 9′ rectangle island and a simplistic backdrop of appliances and cabinetry. The sink is positioned so that a view of the TV above the fireplace is in a natural line of sight– Alternatively, move your sink below a window looking outside and put your cooktop on the island and put on a cooking demonstration each evening. A tucked away walk-in pantry and serving bar serve as areas for organization (or clutter) out of sight from the main living area. Show off the granite countertops by placing your coffee maker at the serving bar to compliment your wine collection.
- Dining spaces– The Lynnhaven features 3 dining areas all with varying degrees of formality. Enjoy breakfast or a quick dinner sitting at the island, have a casual meal in the dinette, or entertain your guests in the formal dining room with pass thru to the kitchen.
- The “What If”– What if you ever need a first floor owner’s bedroom? It may not be for you, but rather for a guest coming to stay…or maybe you just want the option to change your mind in the future. We’ve designed a handicapped accessible room off of the great room to be used as a study or a guest bedroom. Complete with a an upgraded bath with seated shower and a large walk-in closet…just in case you want your guest to stay longer than the weekend.
- Owner’s Suite– We set out to design an owner’s suite that would evoke envy from a future buyer’s friends and family. Double door entry, sitting area, dual walk-in closets, large separate vanities, an enclosed water closet for privacy, a huge shower and natural light were all achieved. We also didn’t want customer to feel like they had to ‘upgrade’ a bath so we made the ‘standard’ bath what most consider an upgrade…an added bonus is the door to the laundry room from the Owner’s Bath. Have you ever gotten out of the shower only to realize that your clean socks are all the way in the Laundry room? Problem solved. Of course there are upgraded options, but the idea is that you don’t have to upgrade…option 1 is also included in the base price.
- Junior Suites– We want the best for our kids and our guests. We’ve designed each guest room with it’s own full bath and amble closet space. Kids have enough to worry about rather than who gets to take a shower first in the morning. Have 2 sets of guests staying with you, or your kids are now married and back visiting? They’ll appreciate their own suite during their stay.
- Basement Space– For those that want a home with a basement, why not take advantage of both finished and unfinished space? We’ve designed double doors for easy access to the unfinished area for tool, lawn & garden, or those boxes you’ll eventually get around to unpacking.
Like what you see? One of our Customer Representatives would love to sit down with you to see how we can customize the Lynnhaven to meet your needs. Be sure to ask them why we gave them the title of Customer Representative rather than “sales rep”…we think you’ll like the answer they give you.view other Communities